The Open International Interfaith Ministry is a division of the Prince Edward Island Interfaith Ministry, and was created in 2002 to enable the PEI Interfaith Ministry (founded in 1987 and incorporated in 1993) to work without the limitations of geography. The Prince Edward Island Interfaith Ministry (and hence OIIM) is a member unit of the International Council of Community Churches which is affiliated with the World Council of Churches and the United Nations.
Celebrating all religious traditions and spiritual paths
The Open International Interfaith Ministry is inclusive in nature, celebrating all religious traditions and diverse approaches to spirituality and understanding of the Divine. When we look at the beautiful, diverse world that God has created for us to live in, it is clear to us that God is a God of diversity. There is not just one type of tree, or one type of bird, or one type of flower, or one type of person. The world is populated with a multitude of forms which are trees, and birds, and flowers, and people in all shapes, sizes, and colour. This diversity makes the world more beautiful.
If we believe that God - the Divine - is infinite, then one place to begin to understand God is to embrace the knowledge that in this diverse and beautiful world created by God, it is only natural that God should manifest the message of unconditional love in many ways to many peoples. There is one God, but it is a God of many faces. We in the Interfaith Ministry celebrate these many faces of God represented by different religious traditions and rejoice that we have been given such a beautiful and diverse world. We express this truth with the phrase, "The paths are many, the truth is one. Love thy neighbour."
The Open International Interfaith Ministry (OIIM)
Interfaith/Interspiritual Principles - May 2013
Interfaith/Interspiritual Principles - May 2013
Note: OIIM uses the terms God, The ALL, The Divine to be inclusive of all terms relating to a Higher Power or Source.
Note: OIIM uses the terms Interfaith/Interspiritual to be inclusive of all spiritual paths and practices.
INTRODUCTION: The Open International Interfaith Ministry (OIIM) is inclusive in nature and welcomes persons from all traditions. We understand The ALL, The Divine, God to be infinite and believe that it is only natural that an infinite Divinity should manifest the message of unconditional love in many ways to many peoples. There is one Divinity, but it is a Divinity of many faces. We celebrate the many faces of The ALL represented by different religious traditions and express this truth with the phrase, “The paths are many, the truth is one. Love thy neighbour.”
1. We affirm the existence of The Infinite, Creative, Universal Intelligence which we know as The ALL, the Highest Form of Love, Power and Wisdom.
2. We affirm that the phenomena of Nature, both physical and spiritual, are expressions of The ALL.
3. We affirm that a recognition and understanding of such expression, and living in accordance therewith, constitute true spirituality.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continues after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead - in a universal communion of Saints and Spirits - is a fact and is experientially shared through mediumship and other psychic and spirit phenomena.
6. We affirm that spiritual and psychic gifts, higher forms of intuition and communication with the Spiritual World, are both natural human potentials and gifts of the Spirit.
7. We affirm the morality contained in the Golden Rule: “Whatsoever ye would that others should do unto you, do ye also unto them.”
8. We affirm that forgiveness of others is a Divine Act, opening the door to healing, love and inner peace.
9. We affirm the moral responsibility of the individual, and that we make our own happiness or unhappiness as we respect and adhere to Nature’s physical and Spiritual laws.
10. We affirm that The ALL has inspired Masters, Teachers, Prophets and Sages to enlighten and raise the consciousness of peoples of all races and faiths throughout the ages.
11. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any human soul here or hereafter. Divine grace is freely available to all.
12. We affirm that the Divine Plan includes transformation of consciousness into higher modes of expression on the planet earth and in the worlds to come.
FYI: OIIM welcomes all members and visitors to the Interfaith Ministry Celebrations and Services of Worship. The PEI Interfaith Ministry is a Canadian registered charity - #894805621RR0001. We are grateful for all donations to assist us in our mission of building bridges between the diverse religious communities and in validating Gifts of Spirit as the birthright of being human. Official receipts for Income Tax purposes with Revenue Canada are issued in February of each calendar year.
The PEI Interfaith Ministry and OIIM are member units of the International Council of Community Churches, an affiliate with the World Council of Churches. Our Registered Ministers and Spiritual Practitioners, trained through our seminary program, NTI (The iNtuitive Times Institute), qualify to carry internationally recognized clergy cards through the ICCC and are eligible for membership in associations whose professional members qualify as naturotherapists providing naturopathic consultations, enabling clients to access their extended health care plans.
Basic Spiritual Principles (Nature’s physical and Spiritual laws) held
by OIIM Interfaith Ministers and Spiritual Arts Practitioners
1. Not Making a Choice is a Choice.
2. It is not our place to judge.
3. Be a Mirror.
4. “As you think, so it is.”
5. We are Measured not by our Deeds but by our Thoughts.
6. Every Thought is a Prayer.
7. It is the Storm Within that we have the Power to Still.
8. Remove the Fear; it is the Mind Killer.
9. Too much Time goes to trying to find Happiness outside of Ourselves.
10. Strive to be Happy!
11. Perfection is something that the closer you get to, the farther away it moves.
12. Each Day is a Blessing.
13. Live each moment Consciously.
14. We are all Interconnected and thus affect one another.
15. Honouring our Interconnectedness is choosing to effect changes in universal consciousness.